Sunday, March 1, 2009

Barn Yarning kicks off ...

The inaugural get-together of Barn Yarning kicked off on Saturday 28 February. Four writers began stalking their novels. We played with words, sentences and ideas, listened and laughed til it really did hurt. All too soon it was time to leave the bleeding, the parting of grasses, big bastard and poppa ... until next time. Last night I shared my room with Ms Virginia (thanks for that, I'll treasure it always).

Thanks for all the support, encouragement and ... just turning up.
Til next post
Ali

4 comments:

  1. It was a great day - I was so inspired I wrote nearly 1000 words and drank champagne - the words just flowed, the grammar and spelling was crap by the time I finished the champagne.....but the story was quite good!!!
    Would love to have the opportunity to organise lunch next time - what do you fellow authorettes think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just enjoyed the ambiance - I lie. It is one thing to sit at home with pen and ponder - it is another to sit with friends and share first tentative steps into the writers world. Yet boldly I go out into the ether as well. My goodness the first Yarners has my head spinning and my heart thumping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved listening to your writing and stuttering along with mine. (Not going anywhere boldly yet!) Such a fabulous creative atmosphere! Looking forward to our next BarnYarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi fellow barnyarners
    I was of course full good intent over the holidays - and did not quite realise any potential. Ali mentioned a change in dates for the next get together - sounds good - I am not free third weekend in May.
    Have worked somewhat on character development - in a piecemeal fashion - with a short development of the mother. Also nearly finished "The Lambing Flats". So not quite a wasted holiday.
    Back to the grindstone on Monday.

    ReplyDelete